Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Ella's Kitchen 1st Tastes Review


We were recently sent some Ella's Kitchen goodies for little mr D to review,
Having tried Ella's Kitchen Wakey Wakey Strawberry Mango & Banana Porridge and lil man loving it we were happy to get stuck in.

We were sent a selection of their first Tastes range which is aimed at babies from four months and includes 9 yummy organic flavors each containing nothing but 100% organic fruit or veggie. and some Smoothie Fruits plus a pack of Wakey Wakey stage 1 baby porridge.

As you can see baby was eager to get stuck in! So much choice which to chose? Hmm The Green One I think.

The pouches are great for squeezing little amounts onto a spoon, or feeding on the go, or even letting baby hold themselves, Little mr D particularly liked feeding himself  like a big boy.

The pouches are perfect sized portions for little people.
The Ella's Kitchen fruit pouches retail at 79p for a 70ml fruit pouch or £1.09 for a 70ml veggie pouch which I think is a great price and similar in price to other brands of baby foods and can be found on the Ella's Kitchen website by clicking the image at the top of this post, And the magic pixies that live with your computer will take you right there, Or at most leading supermarkets.

We really liked the first tastes pouches we even put one each in the elder kids lunch boxes for school one day and they loved their smoothie's.

Little mr D's particular favorite was the white one, 

I must admit I tasted a little and it was delicious, I could quite imagine it frozen to a slush with some Malibu mmmm but clearly that's not baby friendly so back to the review..

Mr D's least favorite was the Parsnips, which doesn't surprise me as none of my sons like them nor does my husband so lets face it they didn't really stand a chance!
But mix it in with some butternut squash, courgette, carrot and chicken and he munched it.

I really like that they come with a screw cap meaning if baby doesn't eat it all no worries just pop the lid back on and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.

The Wakey wakey baby porridge was very easy to use just mix it up with babies usual milk or as I done now mr D is almost 8 months I mixed it with some warm cows milk.

The Porridge comes in a 125g pouch with screw cap and costs £2.19 which is slightly more than I usually pay for his baby cereal but then it is organic and he does love it, Also it lasted us two weeks so it is good value for money when you look at it.

I would recommend Ella's Kitchen baby food to friends and in fact I have done so already.
Now that mr D is almost 8 months and has just began trying more textured foods and even some small soft lumps I'm looking forward to trying some of Ella's Kitchen's next stage up foods 
With so many different choices to chose from I know we will have great fun exploring as Ella's Kitchen baby food definitely gets A+ from us and lip smacking from lil mr D

No comments:

Post a Comment